Sunday, January 22, 2012

Long time and busy...

I feel like I can never get time to sit down and talk about what's going on, but then again we are usually not doing much so nothing exciting to say :) We will have lots to share in the next few weeks though! I have been busy planning two birthday parties for the little diva! We were going to just do the one in NB but decided we wanted to share the day with our friends in Houston also! It's a very special day so we wanted everyone to enjoy it as much as we are. My mom is doing a lot of the cooking and work for the NB one so I am very thankful for her. I also took the leap and did Lyla's first birthday pictures on my own as well. They aren't professional by any means but I am happy with how they turned out and thankful for jason's cousin Kara for helping me with some editing on them. I still haven't done the smash cake session so may try to fit it in sometime this week to have some pictures of it. Maybe we can on Thursday since I already have a cake and she can have some on her real birthday :) I am still busy crazy at work with all of the paper work, beginning of year things, meetings, and lots of other things that will remain unspoken of. It's terrible that I am already so ready for my summer break to spend with my girl. She is growing with leaps sand bounds and it seems like she is learning something new everyday. I am keeping note and will talk all about it on her probably three series birthday blog posts..ha! Our weekends here lately are spent cleaning house, playing, napping and eating. I wouldn't trade these boring weekends for anything though because Lyla feels them with so much joy and entertainment, so to us they are no where near boring. Jason's work schedule has been changing a lot so he hasn't been able to be home with us in the afternoons so when he is we are very thankful. Well, guess I will get back to my birthday to do list while the little diva is taking her nap :)

No comments:

Post a Comment