Lyla Faith Morris I can't believe you are already 5 months old!!!
You are the light of our lives and we can't imagine one second without you.
What you have been up to....
- Wearing size 2 diapers
- You weight about 15 pounds
- Wearing 6-9 months clothes
- You LOVE to eat :) You have now had pears, peaches, sweet potatoes, avocado (didn't like, will try again) and your ALL TIME FAVORITE - Bananas, I can't get them to you fast enough before you are mouth wide open and kicking your feet :)
- You are the HAPPIEST baby ever when you are at home but for some reason here lately when we go out you aren't fussy but you just get this look of concern on your face when people start talking to you.
- You LOVE being at home though, I think it's just a comfort thing..you will just talk, laugh, sing, and SCREAM as loud as you can as we rotate you through your "stations" through the day.
- You have started crying if I walk past you and don't talk to you or if you are ready for me to pick you up..you are a momma's girl! It makes your daddy sad but I know one day you will do the same to him :)
- You love to sit in your daddy's lap and watch music videos or listen to music..it is kind of like your special moment with each other..it just melts my heart!
- You still don't like rolling over but you can do it, both ways, because we have seen you several times.
- You have started blowing bubbles and slobbering everywhere, I have a feeling some teeth will be coming in very soon.
- You absolutely LOVE your bouncer..you could stay in there always as long as you weren't sleep or hungry! You get so excited in there you just scream and laugh.
- You like to sit in your swing but don't like for us to turn it on anymore.
- You LOVE it outside when we carry you instead of being in your car seat somewhere, you just look around and take the world in
- You also LOVE Baby Noah..I swear you are making some of the animal noises at times
- The BEST news for this month is you are in your bassinet and sleeping through the night. Which is great news for your tired mom! It is so cute to wake up and see your little booty sticking in the air and see your smiling face...but for some reason your new thing is to scratch your finger nails across the sheets and that sometimes sounds like nails on a chalkboard so I have to make sure I keep them cut down short now..ha!
- I feel like you are going to be one of those girls that marches to your own beat and does things at your own pace, I feel like each month we reach a new milestone and I am so happy to see your grow and learn each day.
- Your hair is starting to grow back in also and you have a little rat tail in the back..it is too cute :)
- You are grabbing everything in site (and it goes straight in your mouth) so we have to be careful what we lay around in your reach..I am afraid for the dogs and their tails very soon...
- You love to sit at the table when we are eating (we are about to have to upgrade your bumbo to a highchair because your legs are getting stuck every time we try and get your out..ha) and watch just your daddy eat..I hope you don't take after his eating habits..LoL
- We have a pretty good schedule down now that you are sleeping through the night.
- Another great thing is that you are taking all of your naps in your big girl bed the past week as well. They are still only between 30-45 minutes but you have always loved your cat naps.
As always your daddy and I love you to the moon and back!!!