Tuesday, November 10, 2009

DFW 3 Day

Well as most of you know my fellow BB's (boobilicious babes) and I walked 60 miles this weekend in the fight for breast cancer. Needless to say it was one of the hardest the hardest things I have ever done, but worth every blister, tear and pain. We walked 20 miles Friday, Saturday and Sunday and stayed in cute, not so comfortable, pink tents at night time. We also had to take showers in the back of semi-trucks with about 6 small stalls with no privacy at all. Needless to say after 20 miles a day all I wanted was a HOT shower so all of that didn't matter by that point. I am so thankful that I was able to experience this with the people that I did. My two best friends have lost a grandmother and mom to this terrible disease and I would do it all over again to experience the joy that I got for doing something to show them that we will find a cure to fight this terrible cancer. I only got to share it with one of those best friends as the other one decided she would give birth to her very first precious child Sunday night. Bad part of that story is her mom was with us in Dallas and she was giving birth in Springdale Arkansas. So Jill had to hurry to Arkansas to be with her brand new grand baby who is just PRECIOUS! So we had a very exciting Sunday to say the least. I walked those 60 miles and became an aunt to sweet Adeline. I can't wait until I get to go meet her and I hope it is very soon.


After the terrible plane ride back to Houston my leg was so swollen I could not even walk anymore. I got to lay around Monday, but had to go to a work shop today. I was so worried that I was going to get in trouble when my principle walked into the workshop and I had flip flops and a knee brace on as I could not fit my swollen foot into any of my shoes. Thankfully he just gave me a pat on the back and told me to rest up. I go back to the doctor tomorrow for them to take another look at it, hopefully it will be better by then because I am so scared I need to go have the fluid drained out of my knee and that just does not sound good to me. Well hope you are all doing well!!!
The person I LOVE THE VERY MOST....my mommy suprised me and showed up and the finish line to greet me...I was pouring tears! She is the BEST mom in the entire world!!
Closing ceremony



Sea of pink tents...not comfortable at all!!





Yay...my reasons for walking Momma Jill and Amanda Kay





Our team....You did a great job girls!!!!!


The othe reason I walked...my BFF Lindsey and brand new precious niece, Adeline...Her Aunty Am can't wait until she gets to go see and hold her. Love you girls!!!











1 comment:

  1. Aww, that is just the sweetest thing! I had no idea you started a blog!

    ReplyDelete