Sunday, November 13, 2011

Busy...

Ugh..I hate when I don't blog for so long but with working full time and basically a single mom Monday-Friday, these days I just don't have time for anything. We have had lots of exiting things going on just not enough time to sit down and write about them. 


Daycare - 
They started a curriculum with Lyla's age group of babies. I thought it was kind of silly at first because I knew she would have no idea what the number 4 or the letter G and all of the other activities that were on the lesson plan calendar they gave me a few weeks ago BUT I have to say even though she doesn't it seems wonderful. Her teacher Ms. Nadia seems to think that Lyla loves it when they have class. There are four kiddos in her class and I think they set a time to sit down with each of them individually to do the lesson. She is not only learning about all of these things they also teach them the lesson using sign language and the terms in Spanish. Along with that she gets to paste things on paper and they said her favorite is finger painting. She came home with a folder FULL of things she had done the previous week and it just made my heart melt. 

Along with lessons she just all of a sudden came home from daycare the other day and I sat her on the floor to see her doing this....


I couldn't believe my eyes I grabbed my camera as fast as I could and snapped this picture. She still doesn't have the whole crawling thing down yet but I know any day now she will put it all together. I am sure by the time we go see Gigi in a few days she will be showing off her skills. 

She has also FINALLY learned to clap..it was driving me crazy because she loved it when I would clap her hands together but she would never do it on her own. Again one day we were sitting in the floor playing and her music was playing and she just started clapping :)

Teeth:
Oh goodness this mouth full of teeth is really getting the best of us. She really hasn't been that bad with getting them in, but she has gotten so many at one time I think it is really starting to take a toll on her. She still only has the two on the bottom but we have number's 5 and 6 coming in on the top. We also started really brushing her teeth this past week and this kid started to show out. I usually brush them for her and then she likes to chew on the toothbrush. Well I guess with those new teeth coming in it feels good on her gums so we got a really good video of me trying to tell her we were done and taking the brush away. She threw the biggest temper tantrum...I hope it was just because she was tired and hurting because she didn't do it tonight but I kind of tricked her and gave her another toy to make her drop the brush..LoL

We have also been consumed planning and getting everything together for Birthday #1 it will be here before we know it so we want to make sure we have it all together!! 

That is about it for the past week. I am so ready for this week to be over and we get a nice relaxing 7 day break. Well not too relaxing because a lot of it will be traveling but it will still be nice to get out of Houston and enjoy some country living for awhile. 

No comments:

Post a Comment