Thursday, July 4, 2013

What's that noise? & Help Me!!

Kids say the darnedest things is my motto these days!

Lyla has some personality these days and some days I can't help but laugh and others I think Oh My Word this kid is something else! Her favorite thing to say these days is What's that noise and I mean any little thing she hears she is asking. Most kids I know when they are little say "hold you" but not Lyla anytime she wants to be held or needs something she immediately starts screaming "Help Me" I laugh every time because that sweet little face is so desperate when she needs something right then, of course. A few other instances
I am putting lotion on her after bath and this is what she says.
L - That's soap
Me - No that lotion Lyla
L - No, that's soap momma, you crazy!!

Me - Are you a big girl?
L - Yes
Me - Are you going to be a big girl at swim lessons today
L - Yes, but I daddy's big girl, where is my daddy?!? (She sure does miss him when he is gone to work)
I am sure there are others I am forgetting and I am trying to get better and writing them all down!

What we have been up to this summer so far. We went to my moms for our Family Reunion but we didn't even really get to stay long because Lyla was so exhausted she told me that she needed to go to granny and papa's to take a nap and she did so we missed almost the entire thing. We had a fun time but we didn't stay long because it was time to come home and try and get into some sort of routine. Amongst all of the craziness I found out that I would be starting a new job next year, which I am BEYOND excited about. I am nervous about my new job title and starting at a new school but I knew it was time to move on and get outside of my comfort zone and challenge myself in my educational career. My first full week back in Houston Lyla spend her first week of part time daycare which is working out okay. She has a new teacher that she is trying to get used to so that has been a struggle but we have our life saver Ms. Kirstin next door who always takes good care of her if something is wrong. I did a few trainings to get ready for my new job and other than that we have just been taking it easy, trying to get a few summer chores around the house done, planned some fun adventures for Lyla,  but mostly getting ready for a BIG wedding this weekend. My wonderful PIC (teaching partner and great friend Lisa) is getting married this Saturday and I am honored that she asked Lyla to be the flower girl :) I think we have everything together now I am just praying and crossing my fingers that Lyla does what she is supposed to, well the most that you can ask of a 2 year old throwing some flowers...ha! We will see how the rehearsal dinner goes tomorrow but either way it's all about Lisa and I am so excited for her!!! Pictures for that to follow later :) Here are a few of what we have been up to in the last few weeks.....











Update on Jason's mom...
She is now in rehabilitation in North Little Rock. They told Jason yesterday she is probably there for 2 weeks and then will be moved to another facility or possibly home health care, I believe is what it is called. Even though she knows who everyone is she is just having a hard time with her cognitive skills. Her motor skills they say are fine but other than that it is just a lot of prayer and time to see how she will heal mentally. She is not wanting to eat right now either which is of concern so please continue to pray for her.

No comments:

Post a Comment