Sunday, April 24, 2011

My First Easter

My little Easter Bunny!!!

We haven't had a really eventful first Easter but it was Lyla's first so it meant a lot to us. When I was out on maternity leave my district had a snow (ice) day and since we had to make it up the only day we had was Good Friday..booo! Well I got to thinking and we weren't going to have anyone to watch Lyla since I knew both of us were probably going to be working...So Gigi had no reservation when I told her about our situation, she said she would be here no worries :) She got here Thursday afternoon and only stayed through Saturday (I am so mad at myself I didn't get pictures of the two of them but it just seemed like such a quick trip!)
Lyla got to get Gigi loving all day Friday and then we just hung around here Friday night and Saturday until mom left. She got her very first Easter basket from her Gigi and some super cute outfits...she loves them!!!

Sunday morning we got up and headed to church. This was her first time at the church we go to here in Houston, Jason was worried the band was going to be too loud for her but she did great. We were walking in and the greeter guy was like "doesn't she need to go to the nursery and I was like she will be okay" Not sure if he was okay with that which was weird to me but like an angel she just laid there and listened to a great sermon!! We then headed to one of favorite places..the Cheesecake Factory..YUMMY! It was the first time ever I don't think we had to wait and hour..ha! We got straight in and enjoyed a delicious lunch. A perfect Easter Sunday wouldn't be complete without a 3 hour nap, and that is exactly what Lyla and I did when we got home. Now it's time to get ready for another long week and pray that my kiddos do well on their TAKS test Thursday...but I know they will :)

I will finish with our photo shoot from today!


Easter bunny story.....I can't forget this, Jason and I took Lyla to the mall the other day to get her picture taken with the Eater bunny. While we were waiting in line and watching all of the kiddos get up there Jason and I got to talking. I always said I would never make my kid get up there and take a picture if they were terrified and screaming their head off. Well, we end up waiting in like like 30 minutes. We were up next in line and Lyla was obviously tired and was ready for a nap and she started crying...I looked at Jason and said she is getting her picture made..ha! I guess I see where those parents come from when they make their kids take the picture after standing in line for what seems like forever...ha! It was different with her being tired though than being terrified :) So, needless to say she wouldn't give us a smile but she did just sit there..I think it would have worked out better if the bunny wasn't either scared to hold a baby or just didn't care about the picture as much as I did with holding her up. It worked out okay for her first picture with the Easter bunny and she still looks pretty as ever!!

No comments:

Post a Comment