Friday, July 22, 2011

Momma Knows best...


It's amazing how a few years and new life experiences can change your thinking on everything in life. I think back to probably 9 years to do the day when I was counting down the days until I was out of my parents house and off to college. I was going to be able to do my own thing and live life as I thought was perfect for me. I was ready to not have to listen to the ways of my parents and do as they say and always asking me where I am and why!!!

We fast forward to this very day 9 years down the road and I am more thankful for those curfews, scoldings, and questionings more than ever. This post is dedicated to my mom who I know without a shadow of a doubt is the hardest working and loving mom I know!!! She has sacrificed and done so much for me, a lot of which I will never understand why or how. What I do know is that she did what she thought was best for me at any given time and even though I would argue or get angry I want her to know I thank her from the bottom of my heart.

I am so thankful that she will drop whatever she is doing when I call (even if it's a hundred times a day) to listen to what I have to say. She has always encouraged me that I can do anything I set my mind to which is one of the reasons she was here this week. She spent the week with us taking care of Lyla while I went to a class I needed to finish up my masters degree. She would take care of Lyla all day, tend to the dogs, pick up the house, cook dinner at night and then do work from her computer after that was all said and done. She truly is a "superwomen" to me! I know this little girl loved every minute of her Gigi being here because her eyes would light up each morning when she came in there to get her!! Thank you mom for coming to take care of all 5 of us really (Jason, Lyla, Zeus, Mason and myself..ha) We will miss you being here already...the left over dumplings were delicious :)
I hope and pray that I can be even a glimpse of what an amazing mom and Godly women that she is.

We Love you more than you will ever know Gigi :)

No comments:

Post a Comment