Monday, July 25, 2011

1/2 A Year Old!!

Lyla Faith Morris..I can't believe you are already 6 months old!!!!
You have made our little family complete and we can't imagine life without you. What you are up to these days...

As you can see from all of these pictures you are a girl of MANY faces. You have SUCH a big personality and you let it shine at home..when we go out in public here lately you are VERY serious though. Also VERY clingy to me...you won't let anyone hold you (you get the saddest face with your bottom lip stuck out and huge alligator tears) except me and if you do let them hold you then they must have you facing me. At home though you are such a character.

  • You are wearing size 2 diapers..I just bought you size three though because the 2's are getting kind of tight around that 17lb belly of yours.
  • You are wearing 6-9 months clothes

  • You LOVE to eat...I knew I couldn't keep up with you eating every 2 hours once I went back to work because you were acting like you were starving so you are now eating solids three times a day. Breakfast : Yogurt, Lunch : Fruit, Dinner: Fruit/Veggie and then you nurse or have a bottle at 6:30;9:30,12:303:30;6:30
  • You are still waking up at least once during the middle of the night to nurse also
  • We moved you to your big girl bed last week and you have done pretty good in there so far. I think it is harder on me walking across the house in the middle of the night to nurse you but I know you have more room in there and sleep much better.
  • You are NOT the napper. You will take 4 -30 minute naps through out the day. I am hoping once daycare starts they can get you on a better morning/afternoon nap schedule.
  • You go to bed at 7:00 every night and usually wake up around 6:00 in the morning

  • You LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your exersaucer..you have been able to bounce in it for a long time but now you bounce so high and you can turn yourself around intentionally to get to toys that are behind you.
  • It is so funny when we pick you up and turn you away from the TV you look like an owl turning your head back around to find it again..LoL (you are your father's kid, TV junkie :)
  • The baby einstein videos could entertain you all day if I let them..you love the water ones and just laugh at the little puppets on there.
  • You for some reason in the last few weeks have started sucking your thumb...I wish you would do that in the middle of the night instead of having to get mad searching for your wubba paci..ha!
  • You have started turning sideways on your changing table, which makes it difficult to put your diaper back on.
  • If anything is behind you or on top of the changing table you grab it or knock it on the floor.
  • You can't stand it when your daddy or I walk by and don't pick you up..you will start grunting at us and then get really mad if we don't get there quick enough.

  • You love laying on your blanket with all of your toys we set out for you...you usually pick a few of your favorites to go for right when we lay you down. I usually lay you down on your back and turn around a few seconds later and you are on your belly.
  • You are not crawling yet but you are so ready to...you look like you are swimming kicking your hands and feet!
(I am DONE with this bow and these pictures)
  • You love sitting in your bumbo playing with your new block toy and piano
  • You get so excited when we take a stroll to the mail box somedays but it is so hot out there we can only stay for a few minutes.
  • Zeus is your buddy..you get so happy when he walks past you or walks past you. He is not sure what to think about it so he keeps his distance. He will probably be running from you once you get mobile :)
That is my bow Zeus :)
I will be bigger than you one day...
She already has her daddy wrapped around her little finger...
I don't think I want you to touch me..ha!
You talk ALL the time..you say "dada" we swear you said dog the other day (ha) you grunt and growl (when going to the bathroom..lol) you say mmmm.... when you are eating or drinking (you like to eat)
You love playing with your sippy cup..you make a bigger mess than you do drinking your water

Think you are going to be a water baby..when you hear water running you immediately get excited thinking it is bath time. I bought you a little pool but we haven't had time or the weather has been so hot we haven't used it yet.
You love sitting in your new big girl high chair
This is the face of a DIVA!!
I have to go back to work in a few weeks and I am very worried about Lyla going back to daycare since she has been so clingy to me. I am PRAYING that she goes back with ease and all works out.
Your daddy and I love you to the moon and back!!! We are so thankful that you are a happy, healthy girl!!

No comments:

Post a Comment