Saturday, August 13, 2011

Back to daycare and thankful!!!

Day 1

When we found out we were pregnant with Lyla I knew more than anything I would love to stay at home with her and not have to worry with daycare. I first knew this was not an option for us and secondly I truly didn't think it would be something I would want to do. I then also looked at the fact that I do have the perfect job for having children. I work roughly 200 days out of the year..have 1 week for Thanksgiving, 2 weeks for Christmas, Spring Break, major holidays and even better 2 plus months for summer break, you really can't beat that!!! I also LOVE what I do and feel that Lyla needed that interaction with children growing up to develop her social skills and we are pretty sure she is going to be an only child so she needed those children to interact with as well :)
Day 2

I prayed extra hard about finding a place for Lyla to go while we were working and knew that God would take care of us in this area. I for a moment considered the having someone come into our house but I weighed our positive and negatives against that and just again prayed about what we needed to do. I can't tell you how blessed we are to have found Grace Kidz World for Lyla. When we went to tour the place I walked in and just felt this sense of belonging and security. It is a well established daycare that has been operating for many years and is placed inside a local church. I knew that God had a plan for us there and even more I knew he would watch over her because she was in "His" house :)

Day 3

When Lyla went at 12 weeks when I started back to work I can honestly say I didn't even have a break down. Every time I have dropped her off I have had a sense of peace overcome me and I just know that she is taken care of. If I ever want to check on her all I have to do is call and all of the ladies are so sweet and just all love on her right when we get there and are usually holding her when we pick her up.

Day 4

I actually was getting worried about her going back this time just for the fact that she had become very clingy and only wanted momma when we were outside of the house around people and a lot times at home also. (Which poor Jason tries to help me but sometimes she just isn't having her daddy and needs me) I tried taking her places to make sure she still got that interaction but she would either cry when people held her or had to make sure she could see me if she would let them hold her. So we went by the daycare the week before she started to drop off a few things and pay (not my favorite part, but like they say I will not put a price on someone who is taking care of my child, I would pay whatever as long as they are the best). She got so excited when we saw Ms. Adelina and let her hold her and there again I knew all would be fine.
Day 5

We made it an entire week and she only fussed just a little the first day they said and has been fine ever sense. She does already have a stuffy nose but not sure if it's teeth or from daycare..either way I know it's building her immune system for the many years of school to come! They said she LOVES watching all of the other kids crawl around and come by her. They say she sits there and laughs and laughs at them. They are working with her on sitting up better and her crawling also. I know she is in the best place possible and again am blessed and thankful that they love and take such good care of her.


No comments:

Post a Comment