Sunday, May 20, 2012

Two weeks worth....

Well these past two weeks have seemed to DRAG on but we were so busy with everything I have not even slowed down for much.


Last weekend was mother's day and I had a great weekend. Lyla and I just hung out while Jason was at work on Saturday and then he got called back to work on Sunday morning. I was kind of bummed but I am used to his crag schedule so I just went ahead and got Lyla ready for baby dedication at church. They took some pictures while we were there so I am just waiting to get them back from the photographer. Lyla did so great that morning for the dedication part and through most of the church nursery but about 10 minutes before the service was over they paged me to come pick her up. She was just so exhausted and I had put together her little pool on Saturday and I'm afraid swimming for just a little bit gave her another stuffy nose so she was bot sleeping well.


Eating some yummy applesauce while grocery shopping :)




I finally got word back about the changes being made at work and I had really just prayed about what God wanted me to do and it actually worked out a lot better than what was expected. If it just stays put in stone with no more major moves then I have his crazy feeling that I will survive the school year and it will just be another stepping block in my career and a learning experience I needed. My kiddos along with myself already have the summer blues so these last few weeks are just creeping by and just craziness has set in. I am so ready for this last full week to be over and hopefully it will be smooth sailing from there.


This weekend was crammed full of lots of fun. We usually don't do much on the weekends because either Jason is working, Lyla or myself are exhausted, or just lazy...ha! My friend Katie's birthday was this weekend so she decided to have a pool party and it worked out great because it was right down the street at the Watson's apt. We have a great time but I obviously forgot I have not been out in the sun like that in a long time so pretty much got super toasty. Lyla loves being outside but it was nice that Jason could just run her home for her nap and then come back. They all made plans to go out afterwards and Jason was planning on watching Lyla and after being in the sun all day I knew there was probably no way I could make it...BUT I don't ever go out and have a free night without my little diva so I sucked it up and got ready to head out on the town :) It was really nice getting to go out and chat it up with my peeps, it was a much needed night out.
Today was the last day of the strawberry festival so we decided to face the heat again today and the Watson's joined us to yet again burn just a little more...ha. It was nothing spectacular but at least we weren't hermits as usually and got out of the house to do something. I did indulge in a chocolate dipped cheesecake (it was worth every bite) and Lyla had her first experience of getting bit (nibbled) on the toe by a duck..ha! She laughed about it and as usual I got no pictures of today but we overall had a great weekend and I am so not ready to get this week started. Another busy week ahead of us so I'm hoping it goes by quickly.

Just call me Diva at the pool


Sunburned mama!!



Are you hungry Zeus?!?!


I am not amused with this morning picture mom!!!


One of the nights she decided momma and daddy's bed was a much better place to be..thankfully that only lasted one night!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment