Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Loving Summer

Just in the past week and a half that I have been off I have realized two things one I LOVE MY SUMMERS & two I could never be a stay at home mom. I truly have realized that I have the perfect job. I get to do what I love 9 months out of the year and I get to spend weekends, holidays, and these long lovely summers at home with my family. It partly could be because my kid can sleep the entire day away so that leaves me with a clean house and lots of TV time but other than that I am glad I am a working mom. Yes I will probably change my mind about this come August but as of now I feel like I really have it made :)

On to that what have we been up to this last week. Well as I said my kid can do a lot of sleeping. I guess she is making up for those 11 months she really didn't sleep, but I am afraid she is going to catch up and I am going to be in trouble. Because from the time that kid gets up to the time she goes down for either a nap or bedtime she is running ninety to nothing. I absolutely love it though. That little personality shines through and she melts my heart more and more each day. She can wear me down but it makes for some great memories.


Here we are trying out a new hairdo...a french braid! It didn't stay long because she is a little wild and I couldn't get it as tight as I could because I knew that it was just for play and didn't want to give her a headache..ha! 


We are still going to therapy once a week and she is doing so much better....she has now gone from just standing to CLIMBING! We can't leave her alone for one second or she is attempting to climb on top of everything she can get herself pulled up against.


We started gymnastics on Thursday and she LOVED it...as you can see it wore her out..ha! I know she can't wait to go back this week. I will try and get pictures of her in action this week too.


We have been having a little swim sessions outside in the afternoons when it cools off a little also. She is such a water baby and could stay in there all day if I let her.


We also went to Ulta and got some Piggy Polish to paint these SUPER cute little toes. I had to do it when she was eating breakfast in her high chair because that is the only time she is semi still :)


****We also celebrated Jason's birthday..poor guy always has something go wrong during his birthday and as usual it did again so he said next year we aren't leaving the house..ha!


A lot of play time going on in her playroom...she loves to use me as a chair to sit and watch TV..I guess I have a lot of cushion for her...which I am working on by the way. I have lost about 15 pounds so far and have another 15 to go by the end of the summer is my goal. These classes I am taking are kicking my tail but obviously working plus Lyla loves going to the gym daycare and playing with all of the kiddos. Yet another reason Lyla and I are made for working and daycare. You can so tell she misses all of her friends and teachers since we have been home for the summer. We have a picture of them on the fridge and every time she sees them she starts screaming with JOY :)



We also got a snazzy new alarm system put in over the weekend. It has a camera option and we can watch the cameras when we aren't at home and arm/disarm all from our Iphones..I'm loving it!!!


Speaking of climbing..I had to get something off of the top of my closet and forgot about leaving this in there and you know who spotted it and made a leap for the top..ha! 



I actually got a girls night out on the town Saturday for my friend Tobi's bachelorette party...I won't give details of what we learned but I will let you look around and guess..ha! (You can't see the shoes I have on but they were only worn for maybe 5 minutes before I almost broke my neck..ha) It was so much fun but I hadn't stayed up since 2:00a.m., for myself that is, in AGES..I paid for it on Sunday though..ha! 



I finally got around to taking Lyla to the park and my word did this kid have fun! She was not happy when we left. We will for sure be making more trips there.



She was loving getting to explore all the little things on the ground. I will leave you with a video of her showing off her strength and love of climbing :)




                 I can't wait to see what else we are going to explore as the summer progresses!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment