Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Summer TIME!!

Well we have started our first week of summer break and it feels GREAT :) The last week of school went by pretty smoothly and there weren't too many tears shed with the kids leaving just the fact that when we return in August it will probably look like a new school with all of the staff that is going to be hired. I am sad that some of my dear friends are leaving but I know they are going to do amazing things where they are headed and am very happy for them. I did finally get my application submitted for the Leadership Academy that is starting in our district so I am hoping to hear something back from them with in the next few weeks. If not then I guess my second plan of going back to school to get my second masters will have to occupy my time, yes I think I have gone crazy..LoL.

Last day of daycare

I have realized more than ever in the last few days that Lyla is not going to do well out of daycare. She threw a fit when we went to the sno-cone stand the other day and she didn't get to get out of the car when we left and came back home. I am trying to plan out our summer with activities through moms group, still have physical therapy once a week and we start gymnastics tomorrow also. We are going to my moms for a week at the first of July so that will be a bit of a break from being at home and then my mom is coming to stay with us for a week at the end of July also. It's so hot I want to do indoor activities but know Lyla loves being outside so much we will have to try and plan around that also.

A few ideas I have are....there is an indoor/outdoor beach pool in Galveston so I am sure we will check that out, the park, the Circus is coming to town in July, Children's Museum, and I am sure there are several other things that will come up. One of the great reasons for living in Houston is that our choices of things to do are really endless. With Jason's work schedule it is hard for us to plan ahead but we try to as much as possible.


Getting into everything

Lyla has really started to become such a cut up (she gets that from her dad..ha) and a non stop talker (she gets that from me :) ) This new personality that is starting to shine truly does melt my heart though. To see your child healthy, happy and full of joy is such a blessing it is indescribable. It seems like over night she has grown leaps and bounds especially with her standing and motor skills. We go back to therapy after two weeks today and I think her PT may have a fit when she sees what all she has decided to do since the last time we saw her.


Leaving you with a video of my little monster :)

No comments:

Post a Comment