Sunday, August 22, 2010

Another Exciting, Busy, and Fun Week/Weekend

This was my first week back at work. We had teacher inservice all week and a lot of time to work in our rooms. Thank goodness my wonderful mom came in last Friday and set my room up because I really didn't have much to do..just the fun stuff like decorating :) I was pretty exhausted every afternoon when I got home but I always kept going and going and by bed time I was out. Which was a good thing I guess because I slept pretty well each night. I think by Wednesday when I got home I had some serious "cankles" going on. I knew then I had to take a seat and prop my feet up.
I had to clean up the house Thursday when I got home though because my brother and sister in law, Sharee and Danny, were coming into town and they got here super late Thursday night. I had to work on Friday but they came up to the school and brought me some yummy chick-fil-a for lunch. I had to stay there until 5:00 Friday because we had meet the teacher. We had a pretty good turn out. I think I met around 15 of my new students and they all seemed very sweet, so I am very excited to start the new year. Although for some reason I have butterflies in my stomach I guess because I know that I have so much coming up on my plate in the next 5 months with getting ready for the baby and getting a sub ready for my kiddos while I'm on maternity leave...yikes!!!
Speaking of getting ready for the baby...the bedding arrived this week!! We got the bed skirt, sheets, quilt, and bumper along with the diaper stacker, hamper and valance. The mobile is on back order but I did post a picture of it below. I think it is super cute and when we go pick the furniture up and get the room painted I think it will be fit for a princess :)


Bedding
Mobile..probable my favorite part of the bedding...I love the little birds!

Speaking of princess this little girl just doesn't even know how much fun her mom and aunt Sharee had shopping the tax free weekend and the outlet mall sales on Saturday. The boys decided to skip out on the shopping and go to the movies and hang out, but we did much better without them tagging along I think there is something about tax free that makes you shop until you drop...ha! I got some of the cutest outfits for my little peanut! We sure hope that doctor is right on her 99.9% because this baby is "pink" out! Here are some of the cute things I got her!


Jason wasn't as excited about this as I was :)

No little diva is set without hot pink zebra shoes!!

The rest of her cuteness already hanging in the closet!!! So ready for her to be here and get to wear them all.

My wonderful husband had been looking at gliders for the babies room and found this one, so we went ahead and got it. We set up in the living room until it's time to move it to Lyla's room. I love it, I just sat in it this afternoon imagining what it will be like to rock that sweet baby to sleep everyday! Since I did some all pink shopping Jason thought he needed to add his style into the mix this weekend. We all went to the bass bro shop on Sunday and this is what he found for his little baby girl. I think it is just as cute as the stuff I bought though. There is no doubt that she is going to be a country girl at heart!

I loved having Danny and Sharee come down and visit for the weekend. I love when Jason's family gets to come visit because he works so much he never gets to go home and I know he loves spending time with his brother. Sharee and I entertained ourselves pretty well also :) Well now it's time for me to really get it in gear. I have another work day tomorrow so I am going to try and get a lot accomplished because it's game time come 7:45 Tuesday morning!!!
Hope you all had a great weekend!!



No comments:

Post a Comment