Thursday, August 26, 2010

19 Weeks and Exhausted

Well this week was my first week back at school and oh how I am so ready for Friday at 3:30. I have had a pretty rough week with trying to get adjusted to the heat and having to run around and get all I need done with a child growing inside of me :) It is a lot harder than I thought it was going to be because my feet have decided to swell to the extreme. I don't know if it is my lack of activity during the summer mixed with this Houston weather or if I am really going to have cankles for the next four months?? :) My kiddos are really good this year and I am excited to get things going until I have to keep things going and plan on being out for 8-10 weeks for a sub...I am so dreading this part it kind of makes me sick to my stomach when I think about it :( I know it will all work out though.
Here is a a picture of my in my classroom on the first day of school!
Here is my 19 week picture..things have been pretty much the same besides my swollen feet and hands. (Sweet Zeus misses me since I went back to work, he doesn't leave my side once I get home.)
Proof that my feet are out of control LARGE! You can't even see where my ankles are anymore..I am having to wear flip flops around because I can't get my feet into any of my shoes.
These poor babies are not used to me being gone all day. I come home and immediately go to the couch to put my feet up and they lay in my lap..Mason on my left and Zeus on my right!

I have been so tired in the afternoons I have not even went down the street to get the mail...but what a suprise we got this afternoon when we had a BOX :) We love getting gifts in the mail and were so ready to get in the door and open it. I had a pretty rough day today and once I opened it and saw all of these cute outfits that Gigi (my mom) had sent to Lyla I just started crying. I loved every single one of them but this one was my favorite!
These cute little pants have ruffles on the bottom :)
Some cute summer outfits that she will be ready to wear to go see her Gigi right when we get out for summer break!!!
If I can make it through tomorrow and just get two FULL days to rest I will be so thankful. We just have had a lot going on here today, we found out Jason has to have surgery on his elbow because he has torn a ligament in it. Please keep him in your prayers that he will recover quickly and get back to work soon after. I know not to question things that happen in our lives so I will just once again turn this over to the Lord and let him take care of it as he does everything else. Hope everyone has had a great week. I know that I am still very blessed and thankful for this sweet child that God has blessed us with that is still growing big and strong and will be here before we know it.

2 comments:

  1. Your poor feet! DRINK MORE WATER!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor sweet Amber! Take care of yourself!
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete