Thursday, January 20, 2011

Beyond Blessed....with just a little stress!!!

It is amazing to me how much I have changed in just a few years. I went from telling my granny I was never going to get married to getting married two years later...I went from that saying now I am just not sure if we want to have children to sitting here at 40 weeks pregnant waiting for our little girl to arrive.

I laid in bed this morning reflecting on what has happened in just the last few years, and what God has completely blessed me with beyond my imagination. You go into it 40 weeks ago thinking what if I can't get pregnant, to that joyous day you see the two pink lines...from then you begin to think of all the joys a little one can bring you but what if something is just not right and what will you do if this time was just not it. You continue along with your pregnancy rejoicing every time you go to that doctors appointment and hear that sweet little heart beat to finding out what you are having; then the decorating and name suggestions start flowing. You then blink and you are looking at your due date on the calendar, as I am TODAY!

I know with all of my heart that God has had this little girl planned in our lives for a very long time and it will be in his perfect timing that she arrives into this world to bless our little family. Although it is hard to sit here and think that daily while waiting with little patience I know that I have to keep these positive thoughts and know that regardless of what day it is or how I am feeling she is safe and secure and very happy in her little home as of right now and she will be here before we know it and then again I will blink and she will be 18 driving off to college to start her own beginning.

Lyla I know that we will look back and I will tell you that I thought you were just being stubborn "like your daddy" but I know that all of this will be well worth it when you enter this world and I hold you for the first time. You are already the apple of our eyes and we will love you to the moon and back. Now we just need you to get here :)


How far along
40 Weeks you have arrived and I am so thankful that God has made this pregnancy so easy and enjoyable with no complications :) I know and pray it will continue this a way until you arrive.

Size of baby
19-22 inches and probably still 7 1/2 to 8 lbs

Gender
Sweet baby girl...Lyla Faith

Movement
Yes when we went to the hospital to get checked out she was making all kinds of noises on the heart monitor machine because she would not be still.

Sleep
It has been on and off this week but the past two nights I have slept pretty good.

Symptoms
Well we had two false alarms this week. The first one being Sunday when I thought my water may have broke. We went to the hospital (which was a very dramatic experience) and everything posted negative so we got sent back home. Then for my weekly check up on Tuesday my blood pressure was back up so they sent me for observation for a few hours and it went back down so they sent me home yet again to just wait it out.

What I look forward to
The nurse calling me today to let me know our next plan of action with inducing or her just deciding that it is time and coming on her own :)


1 comment:

  1. That made me tear up! I can't wait to see our Little Lyla! I have a feeling it'll be Saturday!

    ReplyDelete