Friday, February 25, 2011

One Month Old


Tummy time..She is getting better at it! She can roll over from tummy to back.

Her first lunch date with my gals from work :)

I can't believe our baby girl is one month old today..Time has flown by so fast!!
Here is what you have been up to.

  • Still wearing newborn diapers just because we have some left and your umbilical cord just feel off so we needed to keep them on you, but you can wear 1's also.
  • Still wearing newborn clothes but I pulled some 0-3 month onesies out that we had and you can fit into them pretty good.
  • You weigh around 9 pounds and I think you have grown a good inch so I would say around 21 1/2 inches long
  • You are a good eater. You are nursing really good. You have some moments when you aren't getting milk as fast as you think you should and you have a melt down but I just have to talk to you a little and you usually latch back on and are fine.
  • You nurse 95% of the time but I am so afraid you will not take a bottle when you go to daycare I give you at least one pumped bottle a day, usually right before bed or during the middle of the night to speed the process up so we can get back to sleep..ha!
  • You refuse to sleep flat on your back. I try every day during your morning and afternoon naps and it is not happening. You can be sound asleep and I lay you down and you wake straight up and realize you are not in your swing or bouncy seat and start freaking out..I am very concerned at what it's going to look like when you are three and still in your bouncy seat in the middle of our bed..ha! I know it is going to be a process and your daddy can't stand to hear you cry so he usually doesn't help my process out when he says "just pick her up" We will get it one day though!
  • You love for me to sit and sing or talk to you during the day..you could lay in my lap all day if I would let you..maybe this is why you don't like laying on your back..ha!
  • Tummy time is getting a little better everyday. I usually try to put you down in the afternoons when I am getting dinner ready and that has went better than the mornings when you were still very tired.
  • You take your paci to go to sleep and then usually spit it out. I found out early on that you liked to suckle..and you were using nursing as a pacifier and over eating and starting to get tummy aches.
  • You have a pretty rough time between 5-9 every night but it seems to be getting a little better now that I am working on getting our schedule down.
  • You are a very alert baby and have been since day one. You will just lay there and look around for hours even when you are exhausted...I'm afraid you have learned to fight your sleep early on, which is not good :)
  • You have tried to find your thumb several times to suck on but just suck on the side of your hand because you keep your thumbs tucked in between your first and second fingers when you sleep.
  • When you are mad you make sure everyone knows it. You have the loudest squeal and the saddest pouty face ever..your dad can't stand it when you stick that bottom lip out I kind of think it's cute.
Your daddy and I love you to the moon and back....we don't know what we would do without you!!


No comments:

Post a Comment