Tuesday, March 15, 2011

it's been awhile

We've just been chillin' at the house!

It has been two weeks but we just have been so busy we haven't been able to catch up on what we have been up to. Lyla's little face has been so broken out that we have been trying to figure out what is causing it. It is a little baby acne and the doctor said it is also caused by the small case of cradle cap she may have. I have noticed that when she lays on my clothes that it gets a little worse also. So we have started washing all of our clothes in the free detergent and I started using Aveeno baby lotion and wash as it has started helping also. We have really just been hanging around the house a lot and getting some much needed rest. We also went to the doctor and they were afraid that she wasn't gaining enough weight so we are making sure that she is eating regularly and staying awake is the big issue at feeding time. I think she has put on about a pound but we will know for sure next Friday when we go for our 2 month check up and the dreaded shots..YIKES!!
We have a pretty good routine down now and hoping it stays pretty much the same except for her getting up twice at night :)

I have learned how to throw some pretty good fits if you don't give me what I want!

This is how she LOVES to sleep..but is so mad when she wakes up because she can't get her head back up..ha!
She goes down about 10:30 at night and wakes up around 4:30 (which when I go back to work in a few weeks if this schedule keeps up I will not be able to go back to sleep with her super sad face..ha!) Up around 7:30 to eat and back down for a nap from about 9-11. Eats and plays for about an hour and goes back down for her afternoon nap between 1-2 and sleeps until about 4. She usually just cat naps between 5-10:30 because this is her "not very happy time of day" We usually give her a bath around 7:00 and just shuttle her from rocking, to tummy time, swing, bouncy seat, play mat and where ever else I think she might stay content for a few minutes so I can get stuff done!
Her favorite place in the afternoons is her bumbo..that thing has been a BLESSING the past few weeks since I realized that she can actually hold her head up in it!! Jason calls her his little person when she is sitting in there because she looks so grown :) We are at my mom's this week and then heading to Arkansas this weekend so hopefully I will have lots of pictures and things to talk about.
Speaking of Arkansas...my daddy will have me calling those hogs before you know it :)


No comments:

Post a Comment