Thursday, March 24, 2011

First Road Trip to Gigi's Part I

Well I loaded up the car Thursday afternoon and hit the road. I am thinking that was a big mistake because her afternoons are not her best time. The first 50 miles I had to stop two times because she was SCREAMING..it was awful! I thought I was going to have to turn around and come back home. She finally calmed down and we made it to Nacogdoches and she ate and then slept the rest of the 2 1/2 hour trip to my moms....Thank Goodness! Well it took her a few days to get back into a decent routine or even let my mom hold her..but thankfully she got better as the week went on. The one thing I did not bring was her swing from home...I was desperate come day two so I went to wal-mart and bought her a travel swing..you could tell she was not very happy with it because it wasn't her swing from home but my Sunday she was so tired she just gave it up..as you can see below!

We stayed around the house on Friday trying to get rested up but Saturday we headed out and went shopping with Gigi..she was such a good little girl. It was her first time in her stroller and she did pretty good. We did have to get her out a few times and walk with her but other than that it was fine. She went to church for her first time also..she was such a good little girl! She just laid in her seat and looked up at the lights and then she went sound asleep!
Monday we headed out to meet her granny and papa. This was the first time they got to see her and they are in LOVE! Here is granny talking with her after she had a blow out and almost got it all over her..ha! She got to meet so many people from our family and she loved every minute of it.
I think her favorite person was little Miss Allie...she just let her hold her and just looked up at her..I got a lot of cute pictures with them. Here she is telling her a little secret :)
Then on Tuesday we headed out to meet some more of our family and friends...we went out to the office to meet some other very important people in my lives and have been for a very long time!!!

Nana Jill

Pappy Whittington

We got a picture with Tater Tot Jana also but for some reason it didn't upload to my computer..it's on my Facebook though :)

Gigi was working in New Boston that day so she came home during lunch to get her some Lyla loving...She was so happy that we were there and we were also!

Here is Lyla pretending to sing a song to her daddy when I was video taping her to send it to him as his good morning!!

Part two to come tomorrow....We headed to Arkansas!!
We have our two months shots tomorrow and I am SO dreading it...Pray that I don't have a nervous break down tomorrow!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment