Sunday, March 27, 2011

Happy Two Months

We can't believe our baby girl is already two months old. She is growing so much and time is flying by.


2 Month Check-up
Height : 21 1/2 - 38%
Weight : 10.8 - 64%
Head : 15 3/6 - 91%

She got her first round of shots and surprisingly I didn't cry and she only did for a short time. I had a bottle ready for her and just loved on her for a minute and then she ate. I think that may be the trick from now on. It was only one shot and then the oral so I am VERY thankful for doing the alternative schedule as she doesn't have to get so many at one time. I am afraid of what would have happened if she did because I think she broke out in a rash just for the two things that she did get. She never ran a fever though so I am thankful for that.

What she has been up to...


  • Wearing size 1-2 diapers
  • Wearing 0-3 month and 3 month clothing.
  • She nurses about 6-8 times a day for about 30-45 minutes. You usually take one bottle a day.
  • When you nurse you love throwing your hands back and taking it easy.
  • When you get mad you sweat like crazy. I have had to wash your car seat boppy head support almost every time I get you out because it is soaking wet. It is kind of cute though because your hair curls right up when it gets wet.
  • You were a really good rider at first but now you don't ride as well. Hopefully it's because you remember the long trip you had to take and think I am going to make you stay in there almost 6 hours again.
  • You LOVE sitting in your bumbo. That is where you are most content..other than me holding you. You will just sit in there and talk and talk.
  • You HATE tummy time..I put you down there and you are good for a few minutes then you throw a fit...You get so mad you forget you can roll over to your back. (We have to do this tummy time though or your Aunt Lindsey will get mad..so we are keeping it up..ha)
  • You love sitting in our lap with your head on the boppy and just looking around..you are very nosey.
  • The doctor said you can hold your head up at a 4 month old level..which we already knew because you have been trying to look around and see the world for ever now, you just have to see what is going on around you.
  • You have started following your daddy or me when we walk away or when you hear our voice.
  • Your hair has been turning lighter each week so we are thinking you are going to have brown hair with some natural highlights
  • We are still not sure on the color of your eyes also..they look lighter sometimes and back darker the next.
  • You love trying to suck your thumb but you still keep them tucked in between your two fingers so you whole hand usually does the trick. This makes you slobber every where...
  • You will just sit in our lap and smile and coo for ever if we would let you.
  • You FIGHT your sleep so bad because you want someone to rock you if you don't fall asleep eating..those poor nursery workers next week are going to be in trouble :)
  • She is going down at night from between 9-10 and sleeping until 3-4. She goes back to sleep and gets up around 6-7. She sleeps in her bouncy sleep during the night. I have tried her bassinet several times but it is still unsuccessful. She will NOT put herself to sleep in there and when I lay her in there asleep she wakes up with in the hour SCREAMING bloody murder. So I am still trying until I go back to work but there is no way I can do that when I have to go back next week because I am already going to be exhausted I have a feeling. So she may just be sleeping in there until summer break and then she will be a few months older and I will have the afternoons to rest..ha! You just have to do what works best for you and that is what I am doing. (This is awful to say but I did sleep in my moms bed until I was in second grade and with Jason back on the road and going out of town all of the time he even said the other day she will probably be in our bed for awhile..ha!) Oh well she is going to be our one and only so I am okay with letting her..I saw that now and I may regret it in the next year or two...but you have to pick your battles :)
  • You are going to be in for a rude awakening because you start daycare a week from tomorrow. You are only going for a few hours Mon-Wed so that we both can get used to it but it will be all day Thursday and Friday. (mommy is very sad about this)
  • You spit your paci out when you know it is about to put you to sleep but you can hold it on your own if you want.

Happy two months baby girl your daddy and I love you to the moon and back.

No comments:

Post a Comment