Monday, April 30, 2012

Stats and a lot of fits!!!

Well we went for our 15 months check up today and it couldn't have went better. The doctor said Lyla is right on track and seems to have the mentality of "marching to her own beat", which we already knew this was the case :)

Height: 31 1/4 in - 70%
weight: 22.9 - 42%
head: 18 3/4 - 90%

She actually is a lot higher in percentage for height than we thought she would be. Guess since she doesn't stand all the way up she looks short :)

She put on a show at the doctor's office today. Saying all the words she knows, pointing to all of her parts of body she knows and just talking and laughing up a storm. Dr. Thomas said her vocabulary is way more than what they like to see at her age and that is good but can see she is just going to walk when she wants. She said keeping up with therapy for the next few weeks to progress things but she has no doubt she will be walking by 18 months.

I did talk with her about Little miss diva's fit throwing she has been doing. She said this is normal and that just make sure she isn't in danger of hurting herself and walk away until she calms down. This weekend she bit herself four times on the arm because she didn't get her way...she then was mad because she hurt herself, guess she won't be doing that again...ha! Then last night she was obviously not happy with the dinner choice I has chosen for her and she picked up a handful of food and threw it at be screaming...I told her no as I went down to pick it up off the floor she picked up the rest and threw it on top of my head. (can you say Jason's kid...I can!!!) She has done much better tonight and has only throwing cup once and it was empty she that meant she wanted more..lol!
I know this is only the beginning of many more, and worse, fits so I an preparing myself :)
I am SO counting down the days until summer break....27!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment