Thursday, June 16, 2011

Sippy Cup...

In my Super Baby Food book it talks about giving the baby a few sips of water when they starts solids in order to help with her kidney functions in giving the solid foods. I bought a sippy cup at babies r us not too long ago just to see what she she would do and she just chewed on the top and I even tried and it was hard for me to get water out. So my friend Rhoda told me about a cup that her granddaughter uses called the Zoli BOT and it worked wonderful for her. Well you can only order it or the closest place to get one is about 20 miles from here so I was just going to wait until we had time to get one. Well when I was looking at the cup I saw that it had a straw instead of your usual cup. I went to Target this afternoon and always have to make a trip through the baby isle to see if any new goodies came out and I saw this cup that was a starter cup and had 4months and trainer cup. I said well I might as well give it a shot. So right before I was about to nurse her and put her down for bed I gave it a try. I sat her up and put the straw in her mouth and....
She grabbed the cup, latched on, and before I could help her hold it she was sucking water through the straw..ahhh! I was so shocked I was trying to hold her and take a picture to send to Jason :) She got more on her PJ's than she did in her mouth though because I think she was confused on how to swallow it sitting up and not laying down like she usually is..LoL! I know it will come in time though. I was just so proud of her for being able to do that...it may be something that all babies can do but it just amazes me how fast she is growing and the things she can catch on to so quickly! (we may be in trouble when she starts talking..hee) She got super mad at me when I took it away though because I think she would have tried to drink the entire cup of water I poured. I am still going to get that Zoli as soon as we get some time or I just give up and order it online!

Hope you all have a great weekend and Fabulous Father's day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment