Monday, June 13, 2011

Solids and Sleep

This little girl is loving herself some solids...we started the day she turned four months because have you seen her thighs she was saying she needed some "real" food..ha! We usually sit her at the table with us when we eat dinner and it was so funny to watch her while we would eat. She would follow the food from my spoon to mouth and get excited like I was supposed to give some to her or something! She is a little ham :) I went to a local farmers market and got some fresh peaches to start her out with. It took her a while to get used to the spoon feeding, which is a given, but she has really gotten the hang of it now...so I thought until we next tried Avocados and she stopped opening her mouth and I got worried..until we went to sweet potatoes and she was mouth wide opened again (so we will try avocados again in a few weeks) This week we started bananas and again mouth wide open (she is like her Gigi)
I found a Whole Foods store right down the road so I plan on going there at the first of every month and stocking up to make foods and freeze for the month. With my baby brezza, which I highly recommend, it is super easy to make all of the foods and freeze them, along with handy dandy super baby foods book to guide me along.
I told myself when I started back to work that I would just survive until the summer with Lyla's sleeping arrangements because I knew what was easiest to get her to go back to sleep and that was sleeping in her bouncy seat in our bed. Well as time went out she got bigger and she was about to outgrow it but I had a few more weeks of work left and we just made do. Well I set my goal for yesterday to start her naps (out of the swing) and getting her to sleep in her bed at night time and get that bouncy seat out. Well I figured it was going to be difficulty because we are now going on almost 5 months in there. Well the naps started out rough yesterday morning. I rocked her until she was almost asleep and laid her in her bed (with the cover off of her bouncy seat in there..I was trying anything..ha!) well that lasted about 15 minutes...her usual time of sleeping on her back. I patted her back to sleep and it lasted another 15 minutes.
We did this for about two hours and then it was time for her to eat again so she just got up. I knew she was worn out from not having a morning nap so I let her nap in her swing that afternoon (yes I know I back tracked) but she didn't even sleep 10 minutes in there either so it was just one of those not gonna nap kind of days. Well we went and laid down in our bed to catch up on our DVR and she nursed played a little and I decided to lay her on her belly to sleep since I was right there with her...and this is what happened....
She slept 2 whole hours!! So I knew I should try it in her bassinet that night to see if it would work...It made me a nervous wreck but I know that she was right next to me and I would probably be up all night checking on her (and I was) but it did the trick. She slept from 9 until 4 in the morning while on her tummy :) Well let's just hope it wasn't a fluke thing and it happens again tonight!

I am so thankful that God has blessed me with this wonderful job so that I get to spend summers at home with my girl. We just get to play and cuddle and I just love on her all day long! She is our everything and I am so thankful for her!!

No comments:

Post a Comment