Saturday, June 18, 2011

Can't have too many nights like this...


Well needless to say I am seeing a nap in my near future today! I should have know she wasn't tired when every time I asked her if she was ready for night night and she would laugh at me (I think we are in for some trouble..ha) Well I decided early in the night that she had done so well in her bassinet the last five nights that we would try her "big girl bed" Well that may have come back to bite me in the butt after the night we had last night. We did our normal routine and I rocked her to sleep and went to lay her down in her room. She laid right down and I was thinking YES! Well that was short lived by the time I got into the other room I saw on the monitor she was WIDE awake. I gave her a little bit to see if she would go back to sleep so I went in there and tried to pat her back to sleep..this went on for a good 15 minutes and she was running her finger nails against the sheets to make this loud noise (I am assuming to keep herself awake..ha) So I got her out and tried rocking her to sleep again and she was so amused by her room she just kept pushing back so she could see all around her!
I then decided to just put her back in her bassinet for the night..well I guess she was so wound up she wasn't having it! I finally rocked her back to sleep around 10:00 and laid her down I heard her once again in there talking and rubbing her finger nails across the sheet but I was just going to let her have it this time...I walked in there to go to bed about 10:30 and this is what I saw (remind you I laid her down on her belly and she hates turning over from her belly to back) Well not tonight because I see this :)
She obviously was NOT ready to go to bed...I got her up changed her and tried one last time to rock her and she would bury her head in my arm or push back as hard as she could so that I couldn't cuddle her and rock...So we are not at about 11:30 and I am exhausted! So I lay her down back on her belly and pat her (still head up and scratching the sheets) I think she finally gave it up about 11:50. Needless to say I am TIRED today!! I pray this was just a mix of me putting her in her big bed or just an off night because I can't have many nights like this..LoL!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment