Sunday, December 26, 2010

A Very Merry Christmas!!!

This is the first time in 26 years that I have not spent Christmas Eve at my granny and papaw's house with my entire family. I was pretty sad leading up to the day but I was so exhausted and tired just getting a few things done around the house waiting for mom and Kavin to get here that I was thankful that I didn't have to travel at all. I pretty much cleaned and got a few errands ran throughout the week and was so glad when they got here Thursday night. For many reasons....
1) I knew mom would cook us some GOOD food.
2) She would help get the rest of Lyla's room ready.
3) MOST importantly I got to spend Christmas with them and my husband (many times he has to work on Christmas and Thanksgiving and it is was great sitting here at home and getting to spend some QT together.)

Well I ordered a ham from Honeybaked Ham and I had NO idea that when I went to pick it up the line would be about an hour plus wait...there was no way I was going to be able to stand in that line so thankfully mom said she would once she got here. We went about 30 minutes before they closed and thankfully we got in and out. Jason was at work but he got off just in time to meet us for dinner at Cheddar's, which was delicious.

Friday morning we got up and just laid around the house while mom got all of the food ready and made Jason a chocolate pudding because it is his all time FAVORITE dessert and my mom makes it perfect where as me not so much...so he was super excited about that. She then got the ham and all the fixings together and we had a delicious lunch. We then hung the shelves and got the monitor set up in the nursery and did a few other things that needed to be fixed since we were exhausted the last time we attempted to work on them after her last visit. Here are the finished products of that.

We then headed out to the movies to watch Little Fockers...I thought it was pretty funny. I'm not sure about everyone else. I know that it is hard for me to sit in those seats and so that may be my last adventure to the movies for awhile..ha! We then came home and mom and I put together the swing and bassinet. The boys supervised as we got it knocked out in like 30 minutes...we have gotten pretty good at putting things together after the nursery furniture :)
I feel like we are getting down to the wire so we got out her car seat and got it set up..now later this week Jason and I will install our bases in each car so we will for sure be ready.

We got up Saturday morning and mom cooked another great meal for lunch...Chicken-n-dumlings...another one of Jason's favorites but I LOVE my mom's as well. Very thankful for them today as I don't feel well and I just had me a big bowl of them and they did make me feel much better. After she cooked we opened presents and we all got lots of really nice things and then mom and Kavin hit the road to head back to NB as it was getting late. I was super sad when they left but I have a feeling my mom will be back very soon when this little girl is born in the next couple of weeks. I go back to the doctor on Tuesday and we will see if there is any progress. I just have this crazy feeling she will be here in the next two weeks, but I know I am probably completely wrong. I think I am feeling this way to make myself get all of my to do list finished by this week :)

Lastly, Lyla also got a super sweet Christmas present from her Gigi...My mom had this sweet rocking chair made for her and I love it and know our sweet girl will also once she gets here and is big enough to sit in it.
We are just sitting around the house today resting and me trying to feel better. Jason just informed me that I need to go pack my hospital bag, I guess he is getting worried it is coming soon also. The dogs are exhausted as well as they are laying on the couch cuddled up with me too :)
Hope you all had a Very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!




No comments:

Post a Comment