Thursday, December 30, 2010

21 more days....3 Weeks to go!!!

(No pics this week, except my maternity pictures, because I have been in my pj's all week..ha!)

How far along
37 Weeks...I can't believe it is so close!! (3 weeks to go but no more than 4)

Size of baby
19 to 22 inches and 6.5 pounds

Gender
Sweet baby girl...Lyla Faith

Movement
I really don't think she has dropped any at all because she is all over the place. I think this week she has kicked harder than ever before where it makes me lose my breath or have to stop what I am doing and take a minute to regroup :) I know it is that she has just ran out of room though and is ready to be here...but still no progress!

Sleep
I have not been sleeping well this week because I have been sick for about a week now. I finally feel a little better today but I am still stopped up but not as much congestion in my chest.

Symptoms
Still no progress as of my appointment Tuesday. Other than the strong kicks I don't think I have had any more Braxton hicks. The doctor said she will not let me go past 41 weeks so we at least know she will be here by January 27 :)

What I look forward to
Her finally getting here!!!! I think now it is down to the getting anxious part and just anticipating what it is all going to be like. I am going to try to work all the way up to the 14th, but the doctor said on Tuesday that I may not need to go back to work if I can't shake this sickness or if any of my kiddos are sick when I go back. I know I need to go in next Mon/Tues because my long term sub is coming in for me to train her and show her what I am leaving for her. I would love for that to be my last days but I only have 12 weeks of leave and so I don't want to use it all up sitting at home waiting on baby to get here, but if I have to to rest and not get sick I will just have to do it. It will still keep me at home with her until she is at least 10 weeks so that is better than just the 6. It will put me going back to work on April 11 and that will only put her in daycare for 8 weeks until summer break so I think we can all handle that!!

I have spent this week washing and washing a bunch of tiny clothes and getting them ready for Lyla to get here. I also got our bags packed as much as I could and put a check list beside it to remind myself what else needs to go in there. I also got the paper work ready to go for my FMLA and short term disability and found out how to add Lyla to our insurance once she is born. I feel like I haven't gotten much accomplished this week, but I guess I have. This weekend we are going to get both of our car seats installed and the cars ready to go in case she decides to surprise us in the next week or two.
Will keep you all updated on the arrival or progress of our little girl coming into this world while we patiently wait....I say patiently very sarcastically as I am not doing very well at it, another reason I probably need to go back to work so I don't drive myself or Jason crazy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment