Sunday, November 7, 2010

Nesting and More Nesting!!

Well I am doing a little each day to get ready for my mother and granny's arrival so today I started with getting the Lyla's room prepared to start "project nursery" Jason and I went yesterday and picked out the chair rail for the room and then I went and picked up sample paint to put on the wall to see which colors were going to work the best. Then I went crazy organizing all I could and cleaning out the hall closet for her little things also. I am so ready to get it all finished and just sit in there every night waiting for her arrival :) We still have to find a few things for the room such as a table, lamp, and some more storage..but I am sure if we have time we will get all of that taken care of by this weekend!! Here are a few before pictures so that I can blog about the finished project next week..yay!!!!

Closet left side...Still lots of storage needed in there!


Closet Right side...a wall full of blankets and a place for all of her bows and such :)


My sample paint swatches..I think they are going to look great in there once we get everything together.

This is where the crib will go and her bassinet will be moved to our room.

There is where her changing table will go :) (We still have to move some stuff out of there just trying to decide where it needs to go.)
All of her bedding and a few other things ready to be put in their places.
The glider with table and lamp will go in that corner by the window!

The hall closet got a deep cleaning today to make room for her bathroom stuff and diapers/wipes and whatever else we need to fit in there.

Now that I have all of that done I must start deep cleaning my house and getting it momma and granny approved before they get here. I was just going to work Friday when I thought it was just mom coming because I knew she would be fine here by herself, but once I found out granny was coming to I thought it would be a great three day weekend if I just took the whole day off Friday. We don't get to spend much time together since I live so far away. Then I really got to thinking and I realized I would have really missed getting the room ready if I worked all day while my mom did it, so it worked out for the best. Jason has to go pick up the crib and changing table one day this week, so I am looking forward to how crazy that thing is going to be to put together..thank goodness my mom is going to be here for that!

Well I am counting down the days for sure...4 until my mom and granny are here, 5 until we start the nursery, and 6 until the BIG 3D Sonogram and 2nd Baby shower!!! Great Week!!

1 comment: