Thursday, October 21, 2010

27 Weeks and "Daddy Nesting"

How far along
~27 Weeks~

Size of baby
15 inches and 2.2 lbs

Gender
Sweet Baby Girl Lyla

Movement
Yes, all of the time..you can see my stomach jumping sometimes :)

Sleep
It has been a very crazy, busy week for us this week so I have not slept well at all.

Symptoms
Still swollen feet..they seem to be getting worse so I am getting very concerned. Going to talk with the doctor next Tuesday, which is when I get my glucose test for gestational diabetes.

What I miss
I wore tennis shoes for the first time today in awhile and it was very difficult to get them tied :(

Cravings
Nothing really

What I look forward to
I am leaving bright and early in the morning to head to New Boston for my first baby shower. I am very excited to see all of my family and friends, and to see what all wonderful things little Lyla is going to get.

Now to share some pictures with you....

27 Weeks


On another note..I think Mommy Nesting is when you are obsessed with getting your house ready for baby by cleaning, cleaning and more cleaning along with some organizing. Well I think I found out this week what "Daddy Nesting" is. Jason has been saying for the last few weeks that he was concerned with his current truck that he had in regards to the baby. It was a GMC with a very large lift on it and it had gotten to the point where I have only been in it probably twice in the last 5 months because 1) I no longer could lift my big self up into the thing and 2) it was such a rough ride I was afraid it might set me into labor or give the baby some kind of shaken syndrome..yes it was that bad. So with all of these factors and Jason very worried that there was no way he was going to be able to get his baby girl in and out of his truck the final decision was he just needed to get a new truck.......It was a very interesting and long process it started Monday night when we were at the dealership until 10 Monday night (let's just say my bedtime is usually 8 on work nights) then Tuesday we had to go back up there to get it detailed and some final things taken care of and finally Wednesday we had to go back up there because they messed up some paper work. So it was very stressful to say the least and exhausting dealing with that for three days in a row after long crazy days at work. I would have not changed any of it though because we now know that he is is much happier and no longer worried about having Lyla in the truck with him. It is a much smoother ride for myself as well and we can now go places in something besides my truck so it worked out well.
Jason's new truck :)

I will hopefully have a fun post on Sunday or Monday with all of Lyla's fun stuff and her sweet baby shower pictures!!! Have a great weekend...I know I will!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment