Monday, October 25, 2010

Showered with Love

I ended up taking the day off Friday to head to New Boston bright and early. I would not have been able to see my papa because of the busy weekend so I decided to leave in enough time to meet him and my granny in town for lunch on my way through. I always love spending time with them even though it wasn't very much because my weekend was packed full. I was also completely exhausted from the 5 hour drive so I was ready to get to my mom's and crash. I got there around 1:30 and crashed in the recliner. I attempted to work on my mid-term test (we will see soon how that turned out) Mom got home shortly after and we sat on the back porch in the swing and sat for a long time. I LOVE being outside and in Houston it is hard to just sit outside and enjoy nice weather since I think it reached a high of 90 something today, so I took full advantage of the nice weather when I am in East Texas. My mom was preparing herself for the Rangers game that came on that night to see if they would advance to the World Series and I am SO thankful they did because she would have been wrapped up in that all weekend if they would have lost so that was a blessing :)
I was hoping that I would get to spend some of my Friday night with my MIL, SIL, and nieces but my poor niece Kaydon got head-butted on the playground Friday afternoon and they had to take her to the emergency room to get it checked out. So, they were unable to come down Friday night. They did drive up Saturday morning though and I was very happy to see all of them even though it wasn't for very long..there is never enough time in the days anymore I feel like :( We are heading up there for Thanksgiving though so hopefully we will get more time then. Saturday was the BIG day!!! Mom and I got up and got ready and headed over to the hospitality room of our church. I was kind of overwhelmed for some reason that morning and was just trying to take everything in and talk with all of my family and friends I never get to see..but once again I always feel like there is never enough time. I was very fortunate that I got to see everyone and Lyla was super excited that we were showered with so much love and goodies! I had an amazing shower and am so lucky to have the amazing family and friends that helped put it together and came to see us. Here are a few pictures of the eventful day. (I am very sad to say that the my mother took pictures with my camera but over half of them she had the video recorder on and took videos instead and my poor grandmother all of her pictures turned out blurry..ha! Obviously our family needs some lesso
ns in photography)

My AMAZING cake :)
Lindsey being high tech and typing out the shower gift list..it was super easy to print this morning!

Opening gifts with my three sweet nieces..Adeline in the floor playing...Kaydon being all grown up sitting in the chair watching and Hadlee checking out what is happening all over the place :)

Yay!! All of the onesies were ADORABLE....I can't wait for her to get here to wear them!
Lyla's crafty Aunt Lindsey stayed up all night and made these super cute onesies for her! She is a very lucky girl!

The girls...Me, Aunt Lindsey (holding my sweet Niece Adeline..sucking her thumb :) Aunt Amanda and another person Lyla is lucky to have, E-E that made her the most precious Razorback onesie and tutu!! Which is pictured below!!

Razorback Onesies and Tutu made by Erin :)
Food Table

Top of cake..awwww!!!


Opening another one of Jason's favorite gifts...a Razorback dress!!

My mother and I had a great time going through all of the gifts when we got back home again..I think I pulled them out a second time when I got back home to show Jason everything..he was totally not interested unless it had something Razorback on it! I am assuming this is what she will wear at all tines if he has anything to do with it. Thank you everyone for the wonderful gifts and making the trip to visit with everyone. It was a tough Monday today trying to get back in the swing of things so I am pretty sure I am about to hit the bath and then bed time it is for me. I have a busy week with interventions at school, field trip on Wednesday, it's red ribbon week, tons to do to still continue getting ready for maternity leave plus my regular lessons and I think I have a meeting or two possibly three somewhere in there. I have a doctors appointment tomorrow and this is where I start going every two weeks and they are doing my gestational diabetes test tomorrow...I am praying all is well. I am going to talk with them about my feet also because now they are no longer going down all of the way during the night and getting even more "gynormous" during the day..if that is even a word but that truly is what my feet feel like..ha! So I will give an update soon on that. Have a great week!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment