Saturday, October 2, 2010

Bow making kind of day!

Ever since they told me 99.9% girl in the doctors office a few weeks ago I have been on the look out for bows..bows...and more bows, among other things but this is one of the main ones. I sure hope my sweet baby girl will love them because she will probably have more bow changes in her wardrobe than clothes :) So, my inspiration for my bow making Saturday is my friend Katy...this is her PRECIOUS daughter Blair below and one of the bows she made. She is absolutely the cutest thing ever and seeing her rocking her hair accessories who wouldn't want to have a matching bow for each outfit after seeing this..ha! Which I hope Lyla will love as much as she does. I need to start a bow/ribbon fund now or Jason will not be happy..thank goodness my mom has been on the look for for super cute bows too!


So I ventured out to Hobby Lobby this morning because they had all of their ribbon 50% off. I really had no idea what I was looking for or what sizes and stuff I needed. I was just kind of going off of instincts and figured I would try these and learn from there. Well I worked almost all afternoon trying to get them just right, and I finally got the first finished and was semi-happy with it. Here it is below....I feel like it needed to be more full but it works for my first attempt.
For some reason my husband had this glass head in the top of his closet and I remembered it as I was trying to model my bows so it worked out for something useful today :)

My next attempt turned out a little better than the first because it seemed more filled out. I think it was because of the thicker ribbon and I added the fun feathers behind it. So it is my favorite out of the two.
I had feathers every where by the time I was finished..so the dogs has fun chasing them around the kitchen..ha!

I thought Zeus would look cute in pink so I tried to clip it on his ear and he totally freaked...so I just held it up to him and he snubbed me and turned his head the other way (guess he doesn't think pink is flattering on him) He is so full of personality he makes me laugh daily!

So my fingers are super sore now and I have been running around all day so I have had my bath and now I am going to catch up on some more shows and head to bed.

I hope everyone had a beautiful Saturday.







2 comments:

  1. Ok, first of all, SUPER CUTE! Lyla will be styling! Why hasn't Adeline's Auntie Am made her any bows? Also, I need to know the story behind the glass head. That cracks me up!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job Amber for your first time making bows!! I used to make bows and sell them at my mom's salon...my first ones didn't look near that good!! Bow making is so much work, I tried out pretty quickly. If we're having a girl, I'll have to just go buy some! HAHA Maybe if it were for MY daughter, I could muster up desire to make a few though.

    Hope all is going good with your pregnancy! I'm enjoying your blog now that I'm not on facebook anymore. It's nice to still be able to keep up with you!

    ReplyDelete