Sunday, October 31, 2010

Not your usual Lamaze class....

Well this weekend was our Lamaze class...and I really wasn't sure what to think about it before we went. I figured we would do some of the old school Lamaze stuff like breathing an all that but wasn't sure what the updated class would have. Well needless to say I am very glad that we went. I was also worried about Jason as well because he doesn't do to well sitting still for 8 hours much less listening to someone talk about birth..ha! Our instructor was amazing though. She was very blunt and to the point but also very funny and made the day very interesting and it actually went by really fast.
We started the day by our husbands having to introduce us and tell who we were, what we did for a living, our doctors name (Jason did forget this..ha), and the babies doctor (I have been stressing about this so he knew we did not have one of those). Then I followed up with how I told him we were pregnant..followed by making sure everyone knew my husband likes to say inappropriate things at the wrong time, they sure are funny most of the time but not appropriate most of those times..ha! Then if we were going to have an epidural or not. I was getting really worried because all of these women were saying no and I was like great wrong class for me because I was all for it (until we saw the video later in the day which kind of made me nervous) but then some of the other moms were like YES YES YES..so I felt much better.
We then watched a few videos (well Jason didn't..he hid his face for most of it and said he was just listening..ha) and then before lunch we got to go lay on the mats and work on some breathing while our husbands massaged our backs we did this right before we left as well...needless to say Jason fell dozed off during the breathing activity and during my time for massage, go figure :)
After lunch we headed over to the hospital so that we could get a tour of the labor and delivery wing of the hospital and she walked us through the day when our little one arrives. We even got to see a new born being brought into the nursery so that made me very happy! Jason along with the other dads had to carry around a backpack (strapped onto the front like a belly, he would not let me take a picture of him with it on though) that had 30lbs of stuff in it so they could see how their wives feel walking around daily. They all tried to play tough and say it was no big deal until she made them climb three flights of stairs while all of the women took the elevator...Jason kept calling her the man hater because she was giving them no mercy during the day. We then headed back over to the classroom where we talked some more watched a few more videos (once again, not Jason) and ended the day.
Jason did really well with his comments and during the class,I can only remember a few that he said...
1) she was asking the guys what comforting things they could say to their wives when they were in labor..such as you're doing a good job, keep up the good work, and Jason follows with "HURRY UP"
2) Who can tell and what can you do to see if your wife is having depression after the baby is born...talk with her, ask if she is doing okay, Jason follows with "MEDICATION"
3) What do you do if your wife is beginning to tense up and not relax.....love on her, give her kisses, give her a massage (without falling asleep) Jason follows with "WHERE IS YOUR MOM?"
I wouldn't trade him in for the world though...that is what never makes a dull moment in our house and why Little Lyla is going to have a great Daddy who will love her more than she or he will ever know!
I will end with a few pictures....

It was spooky food day Friday at work so I made a dirt cake with some yummy worms :)

After my friend Lindsey made some adorable onesies for Lyla for her baby shower I decided to give it a try. I started out with some burp cloths and I think they turned out pretty good. I then went a step further and decided to give her some matching onesies to go with those burp cloths. I am thinking it was okay for my first attempt...hopefully I will get much better as I keep practicing..Jason kept telling me to sit down and rest but I think he just wanted me to quit asking him if it looked all right :)


I am not sitting here waiting for my trick-or-treaters to come..I have only had a few so far and most of those were older and not dressed up...what is wrong with these kiddos! Zeus got locked out in the back because I was tired of wrestling him behind me while handing out the goodies and Mason is sound asleep on the floor..until the door bell rings again but it's must easier to hold 25lbs back than 90.

Hope you all had a safe and happy Halloween weekend!!

1 comment:

  1. LOVE your onesies & burp cloths. And I love you and your whole family too!

    ReplyDelete